William A. Dart Memorial University Scholarship
Cayman's pre-eminent local scholarship programme
Our goal is to help create Cayman's next generation of business and community leaders with a highly sought-after scholarship that demands educational excellence and provides unrivalled opportunities.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible and should consider applying if you are:
- Between 17-25 years of age
- Resident in the Cayman Islands for a minimum of four (4) years prior to applying
- Accepted to a competitively ranked and accredited institution
- Ready to commence studies in Fall 2021
- A full-time student pursuing undergraduate level studies in an area that will contribute to the future of the Cayman Islands
- In strong academic standing with a minimum of 5 higher level passes including Math and English or cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher plus any of the following:
- 3 "A"levels with a minimum average grade of B, OR
- Associate degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, OR
- AP or IB equivalent
- A strong communicator with good interpersonal skills, work ethic and character
How do I apply?
Dart Scholarship university applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Completed application form
- Proof of being Caymanian or having Caymanian Status
- Letter of conditional acceptance/letter of acceptance
- Official high school or college transcript
- Examination certificates/results available at time of application
- Two completed character references
- Personal statement
What is the selection process?
Once the required and completed documentation is received:
- Eligible applicants will be evaluated and a short list of candidates selected
- Applicants will be evaluated against the required criteria and by Dart’s internal selection committee
- Candidates will be selected to attend a panel interview where results will be scored
- Final selection will be made by the Final Selection Committee, comprised of Dart executives and leaders within the community